• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Due to Chip Shortage, Sony announces the production stop of the α7II, A6400, A6100

Brownie

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Along with a mic and camcorder. I don't know enough about Sony APS-C to understand if this is significant or if they're outdated models? I know the A7 II is still well-thought of even though it's a few generations old. How long before they find themselves unable to manufacture other cameras and gear?

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/due...400-a6100-ecm-b1m-mic-and-pxw-z190-camcorder/

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
The A7ii is quite old and we now have two succeeding generations. I still have mine and have been thinking of selling it, maybe this will drive even the used price a little higher, yay for me. The others have also been superseded by newer models. I think Sony keeps old models in production for a little too long, but I guess they must still sell and they keep the entry level more affordable I suppose. If they have to discontinue something, these make sense as the ones to choose.

Latest threads

Top Bottom