dreaming in the grass and a party

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by f/otographer, Apr 30, 2014.

1. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    All shots from the Yashica ML 50/1.7, probably my favorite lens ever. Some were taken with the Minolta Close Up lens No.2 attached. Actually, the camera photo (Relics) was shot on my Canon FDn 50/1.7. Hope you enjoy.

did I dream I was the butterfly? or am I dreaming now...

night after night the burning tree returned to me in my dream

a self portrait with grass and angst

soul keeper

a photo from the party

a photo from the party

a photo from the party

If you can believe it, the burning tree photo is actually straight out of the camera with only the reddish tone applied to suggest flame. I shot it with the camera down low to the ground in the high grass. Then with the lens wide open I focused on the tree in the distance. The caused the grass to blur out and give a dreamy, flame like effect. One of those happy accidents that come from experimentation. :)
    • Like Like x 14
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Such an excellent (and artistic) set of photos (as usual ;) ) :thumbup:
    I think "soul keeper" and burning tree are my favourites - Nice work :)
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Great artistic set
  4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
  5. f/otographer

Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks guys for the comments :)

Nick, Im very partial to the burning tree shot as well. As I started shooting it low down in the grass I was amazed at how the images were coming out. I have passed this old tree in the field many times as I have driven around town. I always wanted to shoot it but it is such a scraggly old thing it really needed to be extra special when I finally captured it. I am not disappointed at all. Im just fortunate I went when the grass was high or this shot never would have happened. I actually had to tromp thru about 200 yards of high grass to reach it. Definitely worth it. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    David K Fonseca
    Really nice set. I agree with Nick on my favs as well ;)
  7. leemik

leemik TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    great pics loved the feeling of the first pic.. proof that a pic doesn't have to be in focus to have an impact :)
  8. f/otographer

Aug 20, 2013
    Nyartboy, thanks for the comment. :)

leemik, glad you liked that one. I absolutely cherish that shot. I have exactly zero skill at painting but if I did this is the type of picture I would paint. My photography is becoming more and more of a quest to turn reality into a dream painting.
  9. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Great shots. You have quite the vision. Quite the artistic vision. I'm green.
  10. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    very nice shots... I have some yashica lenses but these are not the ML but the DSB version. Which adapter do I need? Currently I am selling those for 20 euros in ebay

P.S If intrested let me know
  11. f/otographer

Aug 20, 2013
    Hawkman, thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it. :)

alaios, DSB lenses use the same mount as ML lenses. Its the Contax/Yashica mount, or C/Y mount. DSB lenses usually had a cheaper coating then ML lenses and were considered the budget option.
    • Like Like x 1