DPReview Posts Sample Images from Sony E-mount 10-18mm f/4, 35mm f/1.8 and 16-50mm on NEX-6

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    DPReview has posted full-resolution samples from the new NEX lenses: 35/1.8 normal prime, 10-18mm f/4 ultrawide zoom, and 16-50mm new kit zoom.

Direct link: Sony Alpha NEX-6 Preview Samples: dpreview review samples: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

Maybe it's a function of how much time they have to evaluate the gear, but I found myself pretty disappointed in the shot selection. With the ultrawide, my main interest is edge performance at 10mm. No samples to address this. Also, their 16mm sample (Sony05_10-18_DSC020) shows that their sample copy of this lens is affected by decentering (blurry left edge).

With the 35mm normal, I want to know sharpness and contrast wide open, bokeh character, and color fringing. The samples give some insight into longitudinal (axial) CA (Sony19_35_DSC059 and Sony12_35_DSC069) but little insight into the other two characteristics. Nevertheless, these are worth a look for those interested in samples from these new lenses. All were shot on the new NEX-6.

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Here is also a review for nex-5R and 16-50mm (translated):

Google Translate

16-50mm doesn't look like a good performer at wide angle based on their tests...

3. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I am often unsatisfied with the DPReview sample galleries. Not artistic value (not really required here), but they often seem haphazardly chosen and don't give me what I want to know about the camera/lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.