Don't you hate it when.......

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Kiwi Paul, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    You buy a lens new because there aren't any used ones anywhere, then a few days after you buy it a used one gets put online grrrrrrrr.
    I bought a Sony 10-18 f4 lens on Monday from One Stop so got it new for a very good price but would have been even cheaper getting the used one, oh well cie la vie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Keeping an eye out while saving up for a lens or bit of gear. Then when you have the funds, suddenly the item is nowhere to be found, or the price has skyrocketed.

I have the 10-18 on an A6000. Pretty decent lens, to me anyway. Have fun.

3. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Can't tell you how many ads I passed up while saving for my A7ii before I pulled the trigger on a nice used one.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Congrats on the purchase nevertheless!
    Can't wait to see what it does to your hands;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Thanks Nick,

I've bought it for 2 reasons, one to use with the A6000 for a more compact, light weight kit (16-50 and 55-210 lenses too) and the other to use with the A7R2 as an ultra wide ff lens. I've seen a few articles where it's been used on an A7R in ff mode and they report it works fine between about 11mm - 17mm, the IQ is meant to be good too when used like this, so depending how I find it, it hopefully can replace the CV12mm.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nino Xerri

Nino Xerri TalkEmount Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Nino Xerri
    Paul, I can understand your frustration. I also own the a6000 and have the 16-50 & 55-210 kit lenses as well as the Sigma 30 f2.8 . I am now looking to purchase the 16-70 f4. But Sony Australia have advised that they do not have any in stock and due to the recent earthquake in Japan it is unlikely that Sony Australia will have them prior to sometime in August. My local Camera Store also cannot guarantee what the new price will be and as demand is relatively high, who knows. I am extremely reluctant to purchase one on ebay. So I have to just wait and see.

7. Nino Xerri

Jun 13, 2016
    Nino Xerri
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask : but how do I list the gear that I have?

8. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Click on the person icon on the top RHS of the page, then click signatures on the drop down menu and add your signature.

9. Nino Xerri

Jun 13, 2016
    Nino Xerri
    Thanks Paul.

10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave

Ya, the supply is going to be a bit slow for a while.

Don't be afraid of EBay, just do your research on the seller. Some sellers are actual store fronts and are very reliable. Other sellers simply are individuals, (like me), and you get a variety of experiences. Having bought and sold hundreds of items, most the time it is just fine. However, you do get a few bad transactions, which EBay has put in a lot of "protections" for buyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nino Xerri

Jun 13, 2016
    Nino Xerri
    Thanks Dave. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet with ebay sooner or later.

• Like Like x 1