1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Don't do many pano's - here's a sideside one :-)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by markoneswift, Dec 13, 2012.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Messing with the panorama feature on holiday this year in St Ives, Cornwall.

DSC01533.

Hmm - how can I make this bigger in the message ? Anyone ?

2. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    Makes me feel homesick.

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    You need to upload it to an image server (I use Photobucket) and place the designated image link here on your message. The size of the pic you upload will be the size it appears on your thread. I usually resize my pics to 700 pixels wide (at 72ppi) to keep things small but I've done 900 pixels wide and it still fits completely. I don't know what the image 'width limit' is before it truncates in the message boards...

4. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    OK, I've placed one at 1200 pixels wide just to see what happens...

Looks like the message board resized it automatically to 1024 pixels wide - which is obviously the maximum width limit. Click dragging to a larger window doesn't display the photo any bigger. Dragging to a smaller window doesn't truncate the photo, but instead it reduces it's size in proportion (which is cool).

Pano1200.

Btw, here's what happens when you pano water. The stitching shows because of the moving waves, lol.

5. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Cool stuff - I'm going to try and do some more. I think I was wary on using the pano mode with a manual lens because I assumed it relied on some auto control aspects of an E mount lens - pretty naff assumption, because as long as the exposures are the same it doesn't really matter how many you take lol

6. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yeah, same here. That was my first pano ever... I didn't expect it to work because I had my Tamron 24mm legacy on at the time. Much to my surprise, the pano came out really good! (except for the water stitching of course).

Here's an interior pano with the SEL16. I expected to fix a few stitch errors here and there because the extra wide 16mm distorts the perspectives so much, but there are none! On top of that, the exposure readings were all over the place due to the available light variance between pointing at the bright window and the dark interior... and hand-held too with slow shutter speed 1/60 sec at f/4! This is OOC and it really surprised me.

Pano01.

7. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
  8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice work guys. Been a while since I have had a reason to shoot a pano.

9. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Oh... here's an easier way of doing it. Just click on your photo icon to enlarge it, then copy the image address. Then paste the address with the normal image html prefix/suffix...

[​IMG]

10. Joshua Cairns

Joshua Cairns TalkEmount Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Great panos everyone. I did my first one the other day with the Rokkor 50 and I must say, I was very impressed. The stitching the NEX cameras do is incredible; considerably superior to photoshop's 'photomerge' function, I find.

11. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    No amount of superior software stitching can overcome my crazy family. I asked everyone to be still for a 'group pano photo' so what do they do? They deliberately goofed around to ruin my pano shot! :mad:

The furniture on the other hand was very well behaved... :rolleyes:

Pano02.