1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dog Pictures B & W!

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by christilou, Dec 5, 2012.

1. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    First jpegs with the 5R using my Contax G45mm. I got the new camera up and running and took some b & W rich tone (I think). Used manual everything and I'm thinking it underexposes a little but haven't tried anything but normal metering yet. Forgot to say that I eased off the clarity slider in LR too so they are not so sharp!

Attached Files:

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Love the one ear up shot.
    Be careful using in-camera "Rich B&W", as you've probably noticed it seems to fire a bunch of shot and process them rather heavy handedly. Works well for places and maybe pets, but I tried it on people... err, pretty scary, lol

3. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Ahh, I did wonder why it was firing off so many shots but assumed this was part of the image stabilizing system. Just put it through all the jpeg presets and found most of them rather heavy handed but nice to have anyway :) Moving swiftly on to RAW now.

4. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    You do have another, hassle free option ! Just try the in camera plain vanilla B&W preset, try adding 1 in contrast if you find default a little flat. Works well for me !

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Love the 2nd one too :thumbup:

6. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Ha ha, beautiful pic. We are fans here of dogs/children staring wistfully out the window!

7. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Just as well because there'll be a lot of those!

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    More cute!