• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Dog Pictures B & W!

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
First jpegs with the 5R using my Contax G45mm. I got the new camera up and running and took some b & W rich tone (I think). Used manual everything and I'm thinking it underexposes a little but haven't tried anything but normal metering yet. Forgot to say that I eased off the clarity slider in LR too so they are not so sharp!

Attachments

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Love the one ear up shot.
Be careful using in-camera "Rich B&W", as you've probably noticed it seems to fire a bunch of shot and process them rather heavy handedly. Works well for places and maybe pets, but I tried it on people... err, pretty scary, lol

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahh, I did wonder why it was firing off so many shots but assumed this was part of the image stabilizing system. Just put it through all the jpeg presets and found most of them rather heavy handed but nice to have anyway :) Moving swiftly on to RAW now.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
You do have another, hassle free option ! Just try the in camera plain vanilla B&W preset, try adding 1 in contrast if you find default a little flat. Works well for me !

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Ha ha, beautiful pic. We are fans here of dogs/children staring wistfully out the window!

Latest posts

Top Bottom