• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Does "normal" HDR on NEX7, 3 or more exposure +/- 2EV require manual steps?

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
The Sony auto "HDR" on the NEX7 has a minimal spread, and I haven't found a way to program like on
an SLR, other than setting the exposures one at a time and pressing the shutter button three times.

Any thoughts?

lowincash

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Kin
This is one of the thing hopefully a firmware update can address. I would like to have a wider range as well. Works okay as is but could be better.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
When you're in the menu to choose between DRO and HDR, just press the option button (lower right soft key) to choose bracketing manually up to +|- 6 EV, then you just have to press the shutter button once.

L4RRY

TalkEmount Rookie
poki you dont even know how did you make me happy i was searching for bracketing on nex and I was even thinkin of selling it because it;) so thank you;)
Sent from my 7 Pro T7576 using Board Express

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'm glad I could help. :)

Yeah, nobody seems to know about this feature. It's the same as with the 'not so sharp' jpegs - you just have to go to the options.

L4RRY

TalkEmount Rookie
Not so sharp jpegs? Is there any other thing that I dont know? ;)
Sent from my 7 Pro T7576 using Board Express

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Poki, I don't think this does three shots at a selected EV spread. In DRO it simply takes one photo, or perhaps I am missing something. Would you please elaborate?

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I spoke of HDR. As it't 'Auto HDR' it takes 3 jpegs and combones them IN the camera, but it takes (!) 3 shots.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
"There's a little book called "manual"... jeje... There you can find all your answers! "

A friend told me that, and he was totally right...

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Found the Adorama info more informative than the manual re: HDR/DRO mode

I am beginning to agree with the "do it in post" thinking, and waiting for RAW support in Aperture

Latest threads

Top Bottom