Do you use photoshop CC? help wanted

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by adwb, Oct 13, 2016.

1. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Can any one tell me what happens if you cancel you CC subscription , but still have the previous versions of lightroom and photoshop before CC on your pc?

can you still access your images and your raw data images ?

are they still on your pc as before CC?

what stops working if you cancel your subscription to the cc software?

I assume something will no longer work, but what?

Does the CC version import all my setting from my current version, user profiles, brushes and so on?

pre purchase jitters and worries here!!
  2. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    With LR CC, sometimes it asks for my login details and asks me to login again, or if there is no internet connection it sometimes does that and it falls back to the 6.xx version I had prior to CC, you lose the additional features that CC has over the 6.xx version but it will still work.
    I seem to recall PS goes into the 30 day trial if for whatever reason it can't verify my login details. (Once I login it falls back to the full CC version, this only happen occasionally and hasn't happened for a while).
    So I'm guessing if you cancelled your CC sub then LR would fall back to 6.xx and PS would give you a 30 day trial.
  3. bargainguy

bargainguy TalkEmount Regular

Jun 29, 2016
    It's my understanding that CC software pings about once a month to see if your subscription is current.

CC is supposed to keep all your legacy software settings. However, I've had one major issue twice this year already in this regard. Started my subscription in late April. About three months later, my actions (macros) list was wiped out - started PS one day, got an error message at startup, and all my actions were gone. Called in to the Adobe help desk, they remoted in, took about an hour to restore the actions list.

Then a month later, same scenario, except this time, Adobe couldn't restore my actions - they were gone forever. I've taken to keeping a written log of all my actions in case I need to recreate it, which takes me several hours (I have a lot of multi-step actions). I really wanted to quit the subscription model after the second time, but in the end, decided that all the new CC features were just too appealing to give up. Did not come to that realization easily, but like some folks say, "how do you keep 'em down on the farm once you've showed them Pair-eee?"
  4. ArendV

ArendV TalkEmount Regular

Nov 27, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I had the same happening to my CC LR this week. It asked me to reconfirm my account en then I lost some of the plugins and presets. I got that fixed fairly quickly and the good news is that Lenstagger is working again (which I could not get fixed for a few weeks).
  5. Nino Xerri

Nino Xerri TalkEmount Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Nino Xerri
    Alistair - have you asked Adobe directly about your concerns?