DIY camera mount for Minolta MD lens ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by izzikiorage, Dec 21, 2013.

1. izzikiorage

izzikiorage TalkEmount Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Hey everyone

I had some old minolta manual prime lenses lying at home so decided to order an adapter to mount them on my NEX 6. But being the impatient soul that I am I tried to just hold the lens in front of the cam and see if that would allow me to take a picture. It does, all you need is to maintain the proper distance and make a dark lightproof tube connecting the camera and the lens. That wouldn't be too hard to do as a DIY project with some cardboard tubes and stuff. So, could anyone guide to to someplace that teaches me how to go about doing this? or has anyone done this before and could post a few tips for me to follow
  2. Shutterdad

Shutterdad TalkEmount Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    Dallas, Texas
    The trick would be maintaining the proper distance for focusing. I personally wouldn't shove anything cardboard etc because of the possibility getting dust or debris inside the camera.

It also doesn't take that long to order an adapter and have it shipped.
  3. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Yap! Patience makes the joy even stronger...
    Waiting since 3 weeks for my Flash Bouncer from Seoul...
  4. izzikiorage

izzikiorage TalkEmount Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Finally got hold of my adapter and immediately proceeded to mount both the minolta lenses I had

Did some fun photo stuff this weekend. Had purchased a Emount to MD (minolta format) lens adapter some time back which was delivered this week. Dad has an old minolta and my eye was on the Panagor 28mm f/2.8 prime that he has :). So I mounted that, had some fun operating a fully manual lens after all these years.

I was about to put this away when I though let's put the kit lens too. It turned out that we never got a kit lens, the other lens is a Sigma 30-70 mm (f/3.8) zoom plus there was a awesome macro converter too :))

Still going through the results but will post them and some new shots over the next week :)

Colors by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 3