1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Discovering Boston

Discussion in 'Nature' started by christian, Nov 18, 2014.

1. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Hi guys!

I'm back to business!

I moved to Boston (from Paris, France) 3 weeks ago now, the settling took SOOO much time! All the paper work, all the furniture to get, figure out how everything works here, from the health system to the banks etc etc.

I haven't been able to shoot anything for a month and a half at least because of this move. But last Thursday I could finally take a moment and do some, let's say, wildlife photography.

I'll have to adapt my photography to this new environment too, and that's great!
    So last Thursday was a first training.
    Here are some pictures:
    Sony NEX-5T and Sigma 60mm, that's all.
    Tell me what you think of them :eek: _DSC6516-001. _DSC6507. _DSC6464. _DSC6531. _DSC6541. _DSC6522. _DSC6516-002. _DSC6450. _DSC6451-001. _DSC6506-001.

• Like Like x 12
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well spotted on the furry friends

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I get there are a lot of squirrels in Boston? :confused: LOL :p

Joking aside, its always a pleasure seeing your photos Christian, and even though this set is "different" from what I've used seeing from you, there's no deny that a great photographer will create beautiful images (as these) in whichever enviroment ;)

Nice work - the close up #3 is my favourite :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Regardez! Un ├ęcureuil! :p

Congrats on making Bean Town your new home. Looking forward to your explorations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Outstanding pics. Welcome to America.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  6. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    Welcome to "Bahston" Christian.
    Yes, the Boston Commons will have lots of those furry friends begging for a treat.

Glad that the transition from Grand Paris to good ole Boston has been a smooth one.
    Unfortunately, the butterflies and snails has all gone for the season, but you will find other interesting subjects to photoshoot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Welcome to the states Christian.

• Like Like x 1
  8. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Thank you guys!:D

9. thebigz

thebigz TalkEmount Rookie

Nov 10, 2014
    The green grass foreground bokeh looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I second (or third, or fourth, etc.) the welcome to this side of the Atlantic!
    And I must say those are great shots of the squirrel(s)... especially the close ones! How did you manage to get so close w/o spooking them? Or are Boston squirrels just that much more fearless towards humans / photogs than those in my neighborhood here in Northern Virginia?

• Like Like x 1
  11. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Thanks Steve!
    well, they can be hard to photograph too, but there are 2 parks downtown Boston called the Boston Common and the Public Garden (they're next to each other) where there are literally TONS of squirrels and they're used to get nuts and food from tourists so they're not scared at all in this particular park. Actually, I even got 2 of them putting their hands on my camera while shooting. They thought I was going to feed them LOL
    So my 60mm on my NEX-5T was sufficient for these buddies, but for those more scared by humans it wouldn't be enough.

12. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Welcome to this side of the pond !

Now, you finally get a chance to enjoy Boston in winter ;) (insert a truly evil laugh here).

Jokes aside, though, it's an interesting place.

• Like Like x 1
  13. christian

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Thanks!
    Until now we've been blessed by the weather! No snow, just a bit cold since last monday, but very sunny all the time. Hopefully we'll have a mild winter despite what's happening in half of the country right now LOL

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118310489@N03/

14. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    Christian~
    I hope you're right!
    After the couple of past winters..."we" need a break!