Derelict Train Station

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Simsy, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    I came across this old derelict train station on the way home from work yesterday so this morning I shot out to take a couple snaps of it. I'm not sure which shot I like the B/W or the Color.

Both shots taken on my Sony nex f3
  2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Looks cool, I love old stuff too! If you can adjust levels in B&W, try darkening or lightening green so that your station stands out more.
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Nice!!! :thumbup:

Yeah, from the 2 above the colour version looks better, but if the B&W was PP'd like Joel suggested then it would be a close call :)
  4. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    yeah that's something I need to work on I don't really understand all the editing tools it all just confuses me lol. I find anything more than the basic crops and auto enhance just ends up going wrong.
  5. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Nice! The colour one for me too I think....
  6. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    It's not Orange!
    I'm feeling the colour one also, as the b+w seems too busy, nice job! ;)
  7. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    I think your right about the B/W being too busy, and I think that maybe B/W is more suited to umm more defined subjects or things that stand out more if you know what I mean.
  8. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Good photograph ! Highlghts are a little harsh on my computer, I would tone the general exposure one notch and maybe bring saturation up a tiny bit.
  9. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Very nice, good job!
  10. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks guys so it looks like im going to have to start reading and actually try to learn how to do this editing stuff
  11. RalllyFan

RalllyFan TalkEmount Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    Making the right picture (which you have) is the most important step, editing will come with time.

Black and white can be both tricky, and simple at the same time. After years of shooting nothing but black and white film, I kind of get the idea of what something will look like in black and white, and not everything looks as good in black and white as it does in color.