1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

De-fished fisheye fishiness ! Can I ask people to post any images taken with any fisheye lenses here

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by markoneswift, Aug 6, 2013.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Hello everyone, having just acquired a Samyang 8mm fisheye lens, I thought I would start a thread for images taken with fisheye lenses / Sony fisheye adapter or any other weird bendy lenses. Some of what I post will be SOOC, some edited and some edited and de-fished with Fisheye-Hemi. Here's a start, JPEG SOOC :-

DSC05504.

and de-fished with fisheye-hemi :-

DSC05504_defished.

The de-fish used fisheye-hemi full frame, which seemed to give the best result. It's not a great pic to start with, just intend as an example.

• Like Like x 1
  2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I think that I will get that Samyang lens some day. I use mostly Linux so no fisheye-hemi for me.

My uses would be architectural photographs, maybe some landscapes too.

3. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Here's another one, just a fisheye this time - "Hello Smiler"

DSC05583.

4. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    and one more for tonight, "The Gallery", straight fisheye shot :-

DSC05580.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mel Snyder

Mel Snyder New to TalkEmount

Jun 30, 2013
  6. Nagenk

Nagenk TalkEmount Regular

Jan 16, 2013
    Wonderful pictures. I also own a Rokinon 8mm F2.8 (its Samyang itself in another brand name). Will post the pictures one I am back from work.

Also can you please share your Fisheye-Hemi workflow, which option from the tool have you chosen for this shot (Circular Fisheye, FullFrame Frame or Crop sensor mode ?)

7. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
  8. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    I found that ( mostly ) the full frame plugin works best - that's what I used on the street shot. It seems to straighten out the verticals quite well but if the shot is really 'fishy' then none of the hemi plugins full defish it. The FF hemi also works well for group shots.

9. Nagenk

Jan 16, 2013
    I use Hugin or DXO Optics for the Fisheye distortion correction. By the way PaintShop Pro X5 also has a wonderful de-fishing tool. I tried Fisheye-hemi really liked it, but I am not able to purchase it from India using my debit card. They need credit card, I think !!

10. Nagenk

Jan 16, 2013
    De-fished using DXO Optics Pro 8 manual distortion correction. This is not fully rectilinear.

DSC05989ppS17-06-2013.

• Like Like x 1
  11. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Great stuff so far, here's more :-

all the fun of the fisheye.

Auckland Town Hall.