Datacolor Spyder4Pro for $99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    The Datacolor Spyder4Pro is a highly rated display color calibration solution selling for $50 less at B&H than at Amazon or Adorama.

I was trying to pick between the $79.99 "express" version (1 computer, 1 display only) or the $149 "pro" model, and B&H made the decision easy by selling the pro model for $99.

<strike>Unfortunately they are backordered, but you can buy now at the sale price, and they will ship when stock arrives.</strike>

Update: Back in stock and sale price is still good :2thumbs:.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Man! That's a steal! I've been using Datacolor calibrators since version 2, and they make it a cinch to get your colors right.
  3. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    bought it!! Thanks for the advice
  4. stephen431

stephen431 TalkEmount Regular

May 2, 2014
    Well, this makes 3 different deals I've found on this board that I've taken advantage of.

Thank you!
  5. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    For those that have one, can you answer some questions?

1. Can I use the system to calibrate all the PC's in my house? Three laptops and two desktops - The more important being the three laptops as the desktops have mostly fallen into disuse.
    2. It sounds like the device wants to be plugged in all the time to detect lighting changes? Obviously not possible when all the laptops are in use. You should be able to calibrate it for "normal" lighting, and leave it at that without leaving the device hooked up, correct? If you're doing final proofing at non-normal lighting, you could hook it up, I suppose.
  6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    1. Yes. You can install the software onto as many computers as you like, and them plug it in via their USB ports as desired.
    2. It does not need to be plugged in all of the time. I plug it in and recalibrate my monitors (stand-alone & laptop) about every six months. When calibrating, you are instructed to avoid doing it under extreme lighting conditions. This is not intended to be professional-level calibration for a printing operation. This is "enthusiast-level" calibration for people who want to get accurate colors without a lot of hassle and expense.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    If I knew it were this easy to use, I would have bought it a long, long time ago. I always thought it would be difficult!