• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Dark cloud

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Folks,
Only had the camera for a few days now and this is my first attempt at uploading a photo, so fingers crossed!

This was taken near my village earlier this evening. I think the field of rape seed is a nice contrast against the dark brooding clouds. Fortunately, the wind was blowing in the opposite direction so my new camera didn't get soaked!

Details: NEX 7 with 18-55 lens, ISO 200, F10 @ 1/160th.

Hope you like it!
Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

• 20120423_Rape Seed_3850.jpg
    20120423_Rape Seed_3850.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 468

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Looks like somebody is about to get wet. ;)

Nice shot. I might try to lighten the foregound a bit, but that's a very personal preference.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Lovely shot, Paul. I like the color version.

Thanks Amin,
the more I look at the image the more I prefer the B&W version.......maybe I'm too close to the image to judge.

The trouble is though, I was reading Salgado's Migration book (Humanity in Transition) earlier and was blown away by the B&W images he shows, so maybe this is why the colour version is not preferred. BUT, originally, when I took the shot I was visualising it in colour!

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Great images Paul, I like all 3 versions as they all appeal to me in a different way. Great capture mate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom