• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Cv 21

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Heh, just scored a LTM Voigtlander 21/4. I was saving my lunch money for a 35/2.5, but the price on this was too good to pass up.

Now I have to wait until it gets here. I hate that part! :D

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Been saving for quite awhile. ;)

But now I'm to the point that I need to sell off some gear if I want to get the SEL1018 any time soon. And I still need that 35/2.5.

What I really need is that rich eccentric uncle I don't know about to kick the bucket & name me in the will. Or a winning Powerball ticket. Whichever, I ain't picky. :p

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Heh, just scored a LTM Voigtlander 21/4. I was saving my lunch money for a 35/2.5, but the price on this was too good to pass up.
:D

I agree, and how many lunches you sacrifice? :eek:, I would like to do the same and serves to maintain a diet lol

Now I have to wait until it gets here. I hate that part!

congratulations my friend for your new lens, that is the most disturbing, the wait, I ordered a Minolta Rokkor 50mm f1.4 and am very anxious to get my hands already,
and want to put on my Nex and start pressing the shutter.

simonclivehughes

TalkEmount Rookie
It's a very nice lens on the NEX7, you'll enjoy it for sure. (Click for larger version.)

_DSC0161.jpg
   ---            

Cheers,

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I agree, and how many lunches you sacrifice? :eek:, I would like to do the same and serves to maintain a diet lol

congratulations my friend for your new lens, that is the most disturbing, the wait, I ordered a Minolta Rokkor 50mm f1.4 and am very anxious to get my hands already,
and want to put on my Nex and start pressing the shutter.

Well… I got a really good deal on it, so not that many. And I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway. ;)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Got the Voigtlander 21/4 on Friday. Worked up the CornerFix profile Friday afternoon and went this afternoon and got some initial shots to see what there is to see re: this lens on the 5N.

First shot @ f/4 the rest @ f/8, zone focused, off the tripod (except the last one is hand held).

Shot of the newly redone baseball field sign at Pasco High School with the newly refurbished/enhanced ball field in the background.
morgan_field120929_01.jpg
NEX-5N    CV21    21mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    ISO 100

Different angle on the sign with the Gym in the background.
morgan_field120929_02.jpg
NEX-5N    CV21    21mm    f/8.0    1/500s    ISO 100

A closer shot to see how a closer focus worked.
morgan_field120929_03.jpg
NEX-5N    CV21    21mm    f/8.0    1/250s    ISO 100

Moved to Clover Island and shot this sculpture. It's called "Call of the River". This is from about 20 feet.
call_of_river120929_01.jpg
NEX-5N    CV21    21mm    f/8.0    1/160s    ISO 100

And a closer view. Focus point on both of these was the eyes.
call_of_river120929_02.jpg
NEX-5N    CV21    21mm    f/8.0    1/320s    ISO 100

And on my way off the island I stopped and shot the entrance sign/arch. I need to go back and shoot this from farther down the street with a longer lens, and at night as well.
clover_island120929_01.jpg
NEX-5N    CV21    21mm    f/8.0    1/400s    ISO 100

Looks like I'll be keeping this lens. Anybody wanna buy a Vivitar 24/2.8 in C/Y mount? ;)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Got the Voigtlander 21/4 on Friday. Worked up the CornerFix profile Friday afternoon and went this afternoon and got some initial shots to see what there is to see re: this lens on the 5N.

First shot @ f/4 the rest @ f/8, zone focused, off the tripod (except the last one is hand held).

Shot of the newly redone baseball field sign at Pasco High School with the newly refurbished/enhanced ball field in the background.

Did you use any distortion-corrective software with this shot? If not, the corner areas from this lens is amazing. That light pole on the left edge is dead straight! Looks like you've got a great lens for architectural shots too...

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Did you use any distortion-corrective software with this shot? If not, the corner areas from this lens is amazing. That light pole on the left edge is dead straight! Looks like you've got a great lens for architectural shots too...

Nope, that's right out of the camera, only correction is CornerFix for color shift/vignette. Might have been worth skipping a few lunches for, eh? ;)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I was asked to take comparison shots between the CV21 and the SEL1855. I shot them in the shadows rather than in the sunlight since I wanted to see what the difference was there as I already am quite happy with both lenses in good light. Shot both @ f/4 & f/8 off the tripod from the same position.

All were shot in RAW, converted to DNG, the CV files run through CornerFix, the white balance was matched for all 4 shots. All shots were matched for exposure, converted to 8bit and saved as jpgs. No sharpening applied.

If anyone is interested, the files are here:

http://bimjo.com/examples/21_vs_21/

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
As requested, the original file first, followed by the CF file. Processing exactly the same on both files.

morgan_field120929_01_orig.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom