Custom WB for weddings?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by RAWFA, Nov 1, 2014.

1. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi guys,

Even though I always shoot raw I keep reading that most photographers pre-program custom WB settings on their camera for typical traditional wedding scenarios (church, mixed light on the dance floor, etc). The A7 allows you to create a bunch of different K settings, so I was wondering if people have any pre-programmed custom WB for church, mixed light on the dance floor, etc....
  2. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    I shot a ton of weddings every year. I don't do an in camera WB for most situations unless the couple paid for a same-day slideshow. For portraits, I just carry a gray card and set WB off of that in Lightroom. Same for the ceremony - I just shoot the gray card near the altar before everything gets going.

If the WB is an absolute mess because of mixed sources and I can't make it work in LR, I get all artistic on that ish and go black and white!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. shotupdave

shotupdave TalkEmount Regular

Jul 22, 2014
    Torrance, CA
    with mixed light sources there is really nothing you can do with LB
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    It can be very difficult to make the color temperatures "match" when the sources are mixed, but you can sometimes use the paintbrush adjustments to make the differences less noticeable. If it takes more than about a minute to get them to look decent, it's time for B&W in my workflow.
    • Like Like x 1