Crunch Time Starts Today

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TedG954, Oct 5, 2017.

1. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    2017 Tribe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yeah, the Giants sucked spectacularly this year, so I guess I'll root for your guys. Now that the Cubs are over the hump, the Indians are due. I just wish they'd rename themselves and get rid of that logo. :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf

I'll be down there, in the locker room. I'll mention it. :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 17, 2015
    What's wrong with their name?

I am really on the fence as to which team to root for this year. Usually it'd be the Dodgers, but since they signed that cable contract with Time Warner (or who ever it is now) and they've essentially blacked out all the games here locally unless you subscribe to that particular cable company, I say forget them.
    I have enjoyed watching a lot of games this past year. It's been epic watching Judge and the Yanks, Stanton hitting all those homers, the Red Sox battles with the Yankees, and all the other hot shot kids that are really the up and coming stars of tomorrow. Never really had all that much interest until my son was drafted out of high school. Now, I think about all the times I used to watch with my dad, although that was mostly Monday Nite Football, not baseball so much.
    One thing is certain, it's going to be a great playoff season this year. The Wild Card games have shown us that already.

5. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Well, I guess the name isn't really the problem. It's that logo. We're supposed to avoid politics here, so I won't go on at length. But I doubt most people would be OK with the same cartoonish treatment of an Asian or Black person, so I don't understand why we should be OK with this one. We can do better.

Though I confess, I got a big laugh when the University of Northern Colorado (which has a large native American attendance) briefly renamed their team the Fightin' Whities.

200px-FightingWhites.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    The Dodgers are the spawn of Satan. :hiding:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm not going to disagree with you there.
    You'd think with all the money they've spent on players salaries they'd be unbeatable.
    I'm sure they're quaking in their cletes now that they have to face the D-backs.
    I do love Chavez Ravine though. I think it is one of the most beautiful ball parks around and has stood the test of time well.
    I'll have to see if my brother would be interested in going to see the Giants play sometime next year. I think they have a neat ball park too. My son played in the first game ever played at Petco and it's pretty cool too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I have to agree with David on this matter. And he said it well enough to not raise the political flag higher. But it is another symbol, like the Washington Redskins, Atlanta Braves, etc, that goes on being subconsciously accepted and desensitizes our society and perpetuates undesirable status quos that culminate in our current mess. It's the 21st century after all, and not just here, but around the world. We should know better and do better. And given our supposed ideals, we need to set a better example.
    You only need to be subjected to racism once to change your mind, imagine being subjected your whole life.

Given that... I hope Cleveland wins, Redsox, Cubs, it's their time to break the curse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mnhoj

mnhoj TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Early evenings in Chavez ravine were the best. Beautiful.
    Great, great memories.
    When baseball was still baseball in LA. Now it's $$ball.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Valenzuela, Lopes, Cey, Garvey... the Giants never had a prayer. :shakehead:

• Like Like x 1
  11. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Wow, Tribe wins 4-0. Good game!

Can't believe I missed the Red Sox game. Dang ET times they advertise got me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    WOW!
    Talk about heart attack baseball...what a game!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    What a finish last night!!! Go Tribe!

• Wow Wow x 1
  14. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Didn't think I was going to be able to watch the Dodger game, but it came on after the Cubs game ended. Of course I went to bed before it ended, but they won anyways. First time I've ever watched all the games in one day. LOTS of good baseball being played, and of course there's been some 'wait a minute, did he just throw the ball away?' plays too.