Crumpler clones...anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Nubster, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Crumpler clones that are on ebay? They look exactly like the real deal but they are definitely not. Seems that internet talk from several years ago had the clones rated about 90% the quality of the real deal but at 1/4 the price. To me, that's perfectly acceptable. I just wonder if the current clones are that high quality because it seems that even the clones prices have doubled in the past few years. I'm specifically looking at the 6 MDH.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    HUH??

Got a link?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I bought one in a local camera store, and it's been one of my favorite bags ever since. Don't know if the Ebay ones are the same.

4. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    davect01...just get on ebay and search Crumpler and anything you see selling for less than <$100 and coming from Hong Kong is a clone. They look real but I'm pretty sure Crumpler doesn't have any authorized dealers in China plus they seem to have pretty strict pricing so I can't imagine Crumpler would let their bags be sold for the ebay prices.

Thanks Amin. I'd be curious if they are the same. Older reviews of the clones have been really good, but those clones were not the same as the ones currently on ebay. Not sure if Crumpler manufactures in China but I guess it's even possible that if they do, these bags are coming out of the same factory.