Croatia - Few images from Plitvice National Park

Gary Alan Box

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Gary Alan Box
It's a must see when you go to Croatia but I knew beforehand it would not be a highlight for me. Whenever a place becomes so popular that it becomes a circus I can never really enjoy it and never get images I'm happy with as a result.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
It must have been over 30 years ago that I visited Plitvice. I went in the summer so didn't have the autumnal colours in the trees, but still used up several films on our day there!
Thanks for the reminders or a magical time!

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Lovely scenery... I'd love that area. However, I like the towns and cities of Croatia better than the countryside because, the populated areas are more indicative of the country. I mean that from a historical and architectural point of view...

Gary Alan Box

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Gary Alan Box
It must have been over 30 years ago that I visited Plitvice. I went in the summer so didn't have the autumnal colours in the trees, but still used up several films on our day there!
Thanks for the reminders or a magical time!
Yes I have been before too, back in 2010 and it was summer time. A great place but somewhat spoilt by the huge number of visitors.

Gary Alan Box

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Gary Alan Box
Lovely scenery... I'd love that area. However, I like the towns and cities of Croatia better than the countryside because, the populated areas are more indicative of the country. I mean that from a historical and architectural point of view...
I like a mix of photo opportunities. However I will say we were pleased to leave Plitvice because it was busy with tourists and not exactly conducive to being creative. Our next night was on the island of Brac and we loved the laid back vibe of that place!

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Yes I have been before too, back in 2010 and it was summer time. A great place but somewhat spoilt by the huge number of visitors.
I suspect there were probably less people back in the 80's when I visited while inter-railing. IIRC most of my shots showing the board walks had people in them, but we certainly came across parts where we felt quite alone.
I've not been back, still far too much of the world left to explore :eek-30:
At least now the kids are growing up I have the chance to go off without having to drag the whole family. I might actually be able to afford going to exotic spots again.

Gary Alan Box

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Gary Alan Box
I suspect there were probably less people back in the 80's when I visited while inter-railing. IIRC most of my shots showing the board walks had people in them, but we certainly came across parts where we felt quite alone.
I've not been back, still far too much of the world left to explore :eek-30:
At least now the kids are growing up I have the chance to go off without having to drag the whole family. I might actually be able to afford going to exotic spots again.
Yes the 80's would have been less busy. I think it's only since social media started that certain places have become unbearable. At least when you are sharing a view with other photographers there is usually some mutual respect so everyone can get the image they want. With the selfie taking mob though they seem so self absorbed they can literally hog your foreground for ages to the point where you just leave.

Gary

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Yes the 80's would have been less busy. I think it's only since social media started that certain places have become unbearable. At least when you are sharing a view with other photographers there is usually some mutual respect so everyone can get the image they want. With the selfie taking mob though they seem so self absorbed they can literally hog your foreground for ages to the point where you just leave.

Gary
I certainly don't remember any selfie takers, there back in the 80's! They can be extremely inconsiderate, but I've known professional photographers to deliberately pick a spot directly in front of me, when 2' either side would have given them the same view, so sadly they're not the only ones.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom