• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Creative Renderings

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I enjoy using vintage lenses; not because they are inexpensive (although most of them are) but, because of the creative renderings produced by the optical flaws in those old lenses. Here are a few examples of some of my vintage lenses and one image from the 35mm Fujian f/1.7 which is actually a lens designed for a security camera. Often, the renderings produced by these wonderful lenses are reminiscent of the French impressionist painters. All images were shot with a Sony A6500 and all were shot at the widest aperture of each lens...
Russian Helios 44-4 58mm f/2.0

ILCE-6500    ----       f/1.0    1/250s    ISO 160

Carl Zeiss 135mm f/4 Triotar
ILCE-6500    ----       f/1.0    1/160s    ISO 200

Meyer Optik Oreston 50mm f/1.8
ILCE-6500    ----       f/1.0    1/250s    ISO 100

35mm Fujian f1.7 Security Camera Lens
ILCE-6500    ----       f/1.0    1/160s    ISO 100

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Great shots! I'm in the same boat! The distinct bokeh, color and contrast, makes these old lenses very appealing. I know not everyone likes such rendering.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great shots! I'm in the same boat! The distinct bokeh, color and contrast, makes these old lenses very appealing. I know not everyone likes such rendering.
I agree... You either like it or you don't. I enjoy working with these old lenses. However if for some reason, I absolutely have to nail a shot; I will certainly use a modern lens...

Top Bottom