Created a custom HSL Adj. preset in ACR to emulate Nikon skin tones

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Lately I've been tinkering with Adobe Camera Raw to try an emulate the skin tones from Nikon cameras. I find Sony has a tendency to lean more towards the yellow/blue channel, while I tend to prefer the contrasty reds of Nikon images. So I took a shot each from my Sony A7III and my Nikon D750 and tried creating an HSL adjustment color preset that matched with the Nikon raw output. Anyways, here's a sample below. The difference is fairly subtle, but you can see for yourself. The top is my standard edit and the bottom is the same image with the Nikon HSL Adj. preset applied.

Feel free to share you thoughts. Thanks!

48441658327_e8363006fc_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

nikon_color_hsl_preset by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Very cool! I will try it out. -- Whoops. Is this a downloadable file? All I get is a link to Flickr telling me I can't have access.

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Very cool! I will try it out. -- Whoops. Is this a downloadable file? All I get is a link to Flickr telling me I can't have access.
PM me with your email and I'll send you the .xmp file which you can drop in (if you're on a Mac):
Library > Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > Settings

Either that or just load it into the ACR presets. It should work in Lightroom as well. Also I've been trying to emulate Nikon greens, which tend to be more subtle, with added black and less saturation. Sony greens tend to have more saturation and are brighter.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom