1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Couple of questions from new nex 7 owner

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Benjamin, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin TalkEmount Regular

So I'm out right now at an arts and music fest. I see a switch labeled af/mf and ael. What is this for?

Also, I made the right button my Iso selector but the wheel still selects iso as well. Any way to stop this?

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    The switch changes the function of the button it surrounds to either AF/MF or AEL (auto exposure lock). Why do you want to stop the wheel to select ISO? It's much more comfortable this way as you don't have to press a button to select ISO first. That's what you pay for in a NEX-7, after all.

3. Benjamin

Was kinda worried that id accidentally rub the wheel and change the iso without noticing, but Ill leave it as it is for the time being. Thanks for the help!

4. Benjamin

Turns out my worry is true. Ended up with about 10 photos at 64000is cause of bumping that wheel. How do I turn off iso on that wheel?

5. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    You can't turn it off, you can lock all the wheels together though. I'm not sure how as I don't have a NEX-7, but this way, your main problem should be solved. And otherwise - just keep an eye on where you put your finger.

6. Benjamin

lol not good. If I had any idea i had bumped it, I would of fixed it lol. Came out with a fun pic because if it though.

DSC00443.

7. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    It's all just getting used to. Once you shot the first 10k images with your NEX-7 you won't have any problem with the dials.

8. Benjamin

LOl you have any idea how crazy that would sound to anyone but a photographer? Once you've done it 10,000 times, youll get used to it. lol.

9. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Especially for Poki who, for every one of his fantastic photos does 8 hours of post-processing.

10. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Hold the function button at the top down for a second and it locks the three dials. Hold again to unlock. Actually you can set to only lock the control wheel.

Setup>Dial/Wheel Lock