1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Could poke out your eye

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by chalkdust, Jan 10, 2016.

1. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    I do not normally do much post processing trickery. But I had some fun today learning a bit about effects in Photoshop 14. The original pixels are from Sony A7ii and Zeiss Batis 25mm. breadstick.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    Brilliant Bert! :2thumbs:

Everytime I see the word BATIS, it makes me jealous (and angry too). The shortage of Batis whether the 25 or 85 worldwide is causing some dealers in my part of the world to sell them as much as 30% higher than retail. :mad:

4. michealj

michealj TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 2, 2015
    Blaine, MN
    Hi Bert,

I have returned look at this several time. I do enjoy your finishing. Would you care to share the process?

5. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    I am not an expert by any means. But in the grand old tradition of "see one; do one; teach one" I am glad to share what little I know.

I used Photoshop Elements 14. Under "Guided" you will find "Fun Effects" and under that you find "Out of Bounds". When you select that, all of the instructions show up.

The only variation in mine is at the very end, the provided instructions would have the breadstick poke out into a simple gray gradient frame. But I made another layer from my original and reduced its opacity instead of using the simple gray gradient. I had to switch from "Guided" to "Expert" mode to make the layer copy of my original.

Looking back at my image critically, I should have made the white frame sit better centered in the image so that surrounding low contrast image frame would have a constant width all the way around.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. michealj

michealj TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 2, 2015
    Blaine, MN
    Thanks Bert.