Corel PaintShop Pro X6 released for Existing users. Open market release of Sep 4th

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Nagenk, Aug 23, 2013.

  1. Nagenk

    Nagenk TalkEmount Regular

    Jan 16, 2013
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6 released for Existing users. Open market release on Sep 4th

    Yesterday I have got notification from Corel that PaintShop pro X6 is available for existing customers for special upgrade rate.
    I have downloaded the software. X6 is 64 bit compatible and hence faster. Has added some quick selection and masking tools. A major disappointment for me is that this version is not yet compatible with Nik Color Efex 4. I could use it with X5 with some work around. But with X6 the plugin comes up and we can process also, but when we click ok X6 hangs.
    I need to try out further work around. I was not able to contact Corel support since they haven't sent me the support code yet. I think that will shared only after Sep 4th.
    Otherwise the interface has been re-aligned a bit. With Ultimate edition they have added a new Plugin called Authentec Perfectly Clear. I just had a couple of minutes with the plugin it seems to control image aspects like micro contrast, contrast and toning. Also a sharpener included.
    Will give a detailed review with Pros and Cons this weekend.
  2. addieleman

    addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

    Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    I certainly will have a look at Paint Shop Pro as soon as I have a desire to upgrade from Photoshop CS6; don't expect to happen that anytime soon.
  3. Nagenk

    Nagenk TalkEmount Regular

    Jan 16, 2013
    Color Efex Pro 4 is not working with 32-bit version of PaintShop Pro X6. This used to work with X5. But Color Efex Pro 3 which came bundled with X5 works fine with 32-bit version of X6. Seen in DPReview that even Color Efex Pro 3 doesn't works with 62-bit version of X6.
  4. Amamba

    Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

    Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I have X4 but pretty much stopped using it. 99% of my photos are processed in LR. The remaining 1% that I do want to put in a pixel processor can't go into PSP because it can't save files directly outputted from LR, after processing them. Gimp can do it but not PSP. This has been a bug for ever and Corel did nothing to fix it. Too bad, it's a nice software, but I am fed up with Corel. They are worse than Adobe. Sorry for the rant !

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.