• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Convert Manfrotto befree plate to arca swiss.

Alex_Apo

TalkEmount Veteran
Since I bought an L plate for my a6000 the problem was how to use it with my tripod since it is not compatible with arca swiss. My choice was either to change the entire head or only change the plate. Clearly the second option was much cheaper so I went ahead with it.
I bought an arca swiss plate 38mm from amazon (the same plate comes in different brands eg neewer \ andoer) at a cost of 16 euros.

DSC00063.jpg
   ---            

DSC00064.jpg
   ---            

I am very satisfied with the build quality (given the cost) and finally I can use the L plate with my tripod.
As we see the head screw is unusual and strongly recommend that use a boss adapter female to male to abut the plate. I personally do not use boss adapter and I have not encountered any problem.

DSC00067.jpg
   ---            

DSC00071.jpg
   ---            

DSC00072.jpg
   ---            

The plate has a hole 3/8 "and can use the existing screw Manfrotto. Together with the plate is given and one adapter 3/8" to 1/4 ''.

DSC00077.jpg
   ---            

20161012_182457.jpg
   ---            
20161012_182122.jpg
   ---            

I thought it good to share if someone wants to convert the plate of Manfrotto in arca swiss.

WestOkid

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for sharing Alex.

Incidentally, I have been looking for a lighter tripod and have been trying to decide between upgrading my aluminum Mefoto Roadtrip to the carbon fiber version saving only .5 pounds or going with something like a Manfroto befree carbon fiber and saving 1 pound. I lose a lot of features and stability going with the Manfroto, but for the lighter weight, it was on the short list. Then I saw the proprietary plate and it was off the short list. Now because of this DIY instructional, the Manfrotto is back on the list.

Latest threads

Top Bottom