1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

contax rf lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by nikki, Sep 29, 2011.

1. nikki

nikki New to TalkEmount

Sep 29, 2011
    hi im new to this forum, found the link from serious compacts.I have sold my gf1 and lenses to go with it as i want to get an lx5 or dlux 5 ,something more portable,(maybe x10) will have to see some images first. anyway i know i also need a dslr for other types of shooting and was going to go back (shock horror) to nikon or canon only to realize there is no adapters for zeiss contax rf for either dslr, as i want to keep the lenses ( also have pentax pk) i started to look at sony nex.
    can these lenses go on a sony nex??? i hope so because i really dont want to sell the lenses, had them on the gf1 and they were superb. also if they go on is the focal length doubled like gf1?
    also are the adapted lenses top heavy on such a narrow body? have seen images from sony nex and i am very impressed!!

2. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    Are these Contax lenses the older Contax rangefinder mount or are the Contax G mount? Regardless, they will both fit on a NEX in the same way they fit on your GF-1. You just need to find the adapter. The GF-1 had a 2x crop factor, the NEX has a 1.5 crop factor. So that 35mm which doubled to a 70mm on the GF-1 will be just a 52mm equivalent lens on the NEX. As for whether adapted lenses being top, I have found that there is no problem with adapting rangefinder lenses to the NEX.

3. nikki

nikki New to TalkEmount

Sep 29, 2011
    thanks for that information , they are actually the contax rangefinder so they are older, I think they are from 1934 and have a brass barrell which is why they are so heavy.They still work beautifully after 80 years.I wonder how many lenses today will be around in 80 years?:)

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
  5. nikki

nikki New to TalkEmount

Sep 29, 2011
    thanks for the link ! found it ,- it even has a picture of the lens on a red sony nex!