Contax RF adaptor - with or without the focus scale?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jimbo_wa, Sep 6, 2011.

1. jimbo_wa

jimbo_wa New to TalkEmount

Sep 5, 2011
    Hi
    After winning an eBay Jupiter-8 lens in Contax RF mount (excellent condition and from the early 1950's so should be identical to a Ziess 50mm f/2) I am strugging to find the correct NEX adaptor at a reasonable price...

Kippon with focus scale - expensive for a £20 experiment...

Kippon without focus scale - I think this is for the telephoto RF lenses only?

Nikon Rangefinder S mount - cheapest of the bunch and again no focusing scale...

I realise now that I should have got the M38 mount but this seemed like a bargain at the time! :eek: Any assistance would be appreciated!

2. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    This may not be what you want to hear, but from everything I have ever read the Contax-mount Jupiters are more trouble than they are worth especially since the adapters need to have helicoids and that makes them expensive. You could get a Jupiter-8 in the Leica thread mount and the combined cost of both the adapter and lens will be less than the cost of a good adapter for Contax RF. Perhaps someone with more direct knowledge will jump in with more info in case I am wrong about this, but my suggestion is to put any more money towards a LTM Jupiter.

3. jimbo_wa

jimbo_wa New to TalkEmount

Sep 5, 2011
    Thanks Travis - that's what I had feared... :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.