• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Concert shooting - photos from the first gig

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
Not being an expert, I think these are excellent. I like that they are up-close, you really get to see the performers and the black-and-white ones appeal most to me. If this is what you do as a noob, I'm looking forward to your work when you have emerged out of your noobness!

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Not being an expert, I think these are excellent. I like that they are up-close, you really get to see the performers and the black-and-white ones appeal most to me. If this is what you do as a noob, I'm looking forward to your work when you have emerged out of your noobness!

Thank you, but I probably won't shoot concerts regularly. It was fun, it definitely is a good experience as a photographer to have, but it's not where my heart is. Still, I think I got some nice ones (especially at the second gig -- will post them tomorrow).

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Nice work Poki!!! I like them all since they capture the "feeling" of the singer & quitar player so well

My personal favourite is #4. I don't know why but there is something in the colour tones ("earthly" tone) in that one that draw my attention :thumbup:

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
No complaints at all.

Concerts are tough as the lighting keeps changing intensity and color and the performers don't sit still, (often).

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
Nice looks like you may have shot at 6400, what lens did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Nice looks like you may have shot at 6400, what lens did you use?

Yep, used ISO 6400 quite a bit alongside 1600 and 3200. Used the kit zoom for shots #2, 4 & 5 and my 24mm Sonnar for #1 & 3.

xXx1

TalkEmount All-Pro
One benefit using Nex (or serious compact) in concerts is that there may be restrictions for "serious" cameras. A fellow pro uses Panasonic Lumix LX7 for concert work for that reason.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
One benefit using Nex (or serious compact) in concerts is that there may be restrictions for "serious" cameras. A fellow pro uses Panasonic Lumix LX7 for concert work for that reason.

That's true. Although I sometimes wish to have a bigger camera when those people with smartphones tell me their smartphone for sure takes just as good pictures as my NEX (can't they at least say THEY take as good pictures as I do? That, I wouldn't mind) ...

Latest threads

Top Bottom