Compensation dial too hard to rotate

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Regular
My 7 III is new. It is only 2 month old but I am using it often.
Don't you feel that the compensation dial is too hard to rotate ?
Yesterday I met someone with the same complain.
Can we do anything about it ? Perhaps the use will soften the dial... what is your experience about it ?
Thank you. :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
I think with a lot of user feedback they actually made it that way on purpose. my a7ii constantly gets bumped around in my bag, to the point where i've (after seeing it on here somewhere) taped my dial down. And looky the a7r4 has a lock on the compensation dial. go figure.

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Regular
Thank you unlo
I rather not tape that dial - I have also seen that taped dial somewhere - as I use it in A mode quite often.
However, the lock button now inserted in the dial of the new 7RIV, doesn't seem to me like a good option.
Perhaps one of the dials could do the work depending on the mode...
Cheers ! :)

(Now, I can hardly see your/my name and I like deep grey or even black as background)

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
The lock is of an on-off type, or so I have read. In other words, you can unlock it and you would have what you do now. Or lock it down to prevent it from accidentally being changed.

Since I have the same issue as unlo, I was just thinking the other day I should tape mine in place since I almost never use it. I did not know that was a thing people do. Or maybe just get an A7Riv - "honey, I need to spend $3500, look, it can lock the exposure compensation dial". :D

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Regular
Indeed bdbits, indeed. That option had not come to my mind so far but looks like a good idea.
However, I will keep it as it is, so I can use it when needed.
Thank you ! :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
To be honest, I don't find it difficult to rotate, nor does it rotate too easily. My only complaint is that it doesn't nag me to reset it when the lighting changes - maybe I'll learn in due time.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom