1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Commlite Adapter Sony A7R ii / Nikon only works AF Area -Center

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Steve48, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Steve48

Steve48 New to TalkEmount

Jan 25, 2016
    I started using the Commlite Adapter CM-ENF-E(1) with the Sony A7rii and Nikon 24-70 F2.8.

I went outside and tried to take a shot and nothing happened. Maybe the lens clicked a few times.

In the menu I selected the Gear icon and Set 'Release w/o lens' to Enable. I also set 'Priority Set in AF-S' to AF which is what it should be normally. Now I could take shots. Note: I later noticed in the User Manual, which is one piece of paper, that it does say to set 'Release shutter without lens'.

Normally I have my autofocus mode set to AF-C (continuous) in conjunction with Back Button Focus (BBF) but after looking at the www.commlite.com they only mention operation in AF-S so I set to AF-S.

Have to remember to turn back to AF-C when not using the adapter.

I was trying to use AF Area set to Flexible Spot but this didn't work. Camera wouldn't lock on.
    When AF Area was set to Center focus was quick and accurate.

I also tried the Nikon 16-35 F4. Again, focus could only be achieved with Center focus selected. So I guess it will be focus and recompose with this adapter and Nikon lenses.

I confirmed that EXIF data is transmitted to the camera. I could read the focal length, f stop and lens type in Lightroom after importing the images.

The build quality is excellent. Adapter and lens are firmly attached to the camera and there is no looseness in the connection.

0 Likes

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

3. Steve48

Jan 25, 2016
    Subsequently I tried the Nikon 70-200 f4 without teleconverter. It worked. I have a 1.4 tc but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I tried the Nikon 105mm. Could not autofocus. Have sent an email to Commlite support to ask them about this.

4. Steve48

Jan 25, 2016
    I was able to try the Nikon 70-200 with commlite adapter and the teleconverter TC14E-III. It worked well