• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Columbus Zoo

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
So today I was in Columbus Ohio for a family get together. Got a chance to visit the zoo today. Only had two lens with me, 50mm 1.4 cannon and a minolta Celtic 135mm. Got some good shots which I will post later. Anyone with zoo pics feel free to post here.

Thanks.

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
Here is a couple of quick ones, no crop or edit

bedu9aqu.jpg

a7udune2.jpg

mu6y4yby.jpg

dy2uvuze.jpg

aqu4ezup.jpg

vy2uvajy.jpg

eno789

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
This is especially nice when two adapted lenses were used with manual focus! I especially like #3. Native tele-zoom maybe longer, but probably not as fast.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I guess the bat is my favorite. Sleeping gorilla is pretty cool. Actually they're all pretty nice considering how horrendous shooting in zoos can be.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Nice shots, especially the tiger.

BTW- did you know you posted the bat pic upside down? [tongue planted firmly in cheek]

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
Thanks guys. It was fun. Wish I had brought my kit lens for some autofocus shots but they turned out ok. Here is one more tiger, cropped and sharpened up a little.

vasuru3e.jpg

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Excellent shots Deadbear!

Just curious, I was wondering why you didn't bring your Vivitar Series-1 zoom lens... your 70-210mm would've been the ideal zoo (wildlife) legacy?

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
@Dioptic, We were going to a baby shower and was mostly taking indoor shots. So I brought the 50mm 1.4, I happen to have the 135mm in my bag at the time and just left it in there.

And yes ideally I would have brought both vivitars, the 28/105 and the 70/210. Both are pretty quick at 2.8.

The 135mm I shot mostly at f8. 3.5 when the bars were in the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom