1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Color signature of a camera - how much can you change?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Jaladhi Pujara, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Jaladhi Pujara

Jaladhi Pujara New to TalkEmount

Aug 28, 2011
    Hello All,

This is something I have seen come up often in forums but haven't necessarily found a good answer to. A little bit of background: I shoot with an Olympus m43 camera and I really like the way camera handles color. I always shoot RAW with the Olympus as well as a few other cameras I have used. Even with RAW files, I can clearly see that each camera has a distinctive color signature. My Panasonic RAW files for example, look different from Olympus.

Now I am planning to shoot NEX side by side with m43 for a while before I make up my mind about which one to hold on to (may be both :)). Once I get my NEX 5N, I want to experiment with RAW files to see how closely I can match their color signature to Olympus', which I like in most cases. I use Aperture 3 for editing. My guess right now is that I'd need to tweak while balance as well as individual colors. I want to create a few presets that can be applied depending on the shooting condition. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!