• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

color photo of Mt. Garfield ravine from hiker rover

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Had to post a color of the area as well.

---            

apotelyt

TalkEmount Regular
Excellent detail. What did you use?

Just saw your b&w version. nex 7 & tamron 18-200. The amount of detail the nex7 captures is amazing.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the comment. Used NEX-7 with 18-200 Tamron. Post with HDR Efex 2.

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, but I am not happy with the sky and glow caused by the single HDR. I need to learn how to solve this with my recently acquired Lightroom.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks, but I am not happy with the sky and glow caused by the single HDR. I need to learn how to solve this with my recently acquired Lightroom.
I was wondering about that sky glow too. At first glance it looks like a 'dodge tool' got dragged across the peak outline. Then I thought maybe it was just a freak thin cloud formation. I didn't pick-up that this was HDR...

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
It's HDR raising the luminosity in the sky to make a transition. HDR settings usually have a slider to control/limit the amount of "glow".

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
In Photoshop, I have an "Edge Glow" section with sliders for both Radius and Strength - I usually turn the radius way down.

Top Bottom