• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Clip-On Screen Protector

idoblu

TalkEmount Regular
the best accessory so far that I got is this 3rd generation GGS clip-on screen protector
I got it from this eBay Seller for about $12 and really worth the money. I have never seen a screen protector this clear. its like its not even there. The frame comes in two colors - silver and black

omTmD.jpg
   ---            

TXMn9.jpg
   ---            

macjim

TalkEmount Regular
Does it interfere with the opening and closing of the screen? The screen on the NEX-c3 is slightly hard to open going by the reports.

---
- Cheers, Macjim.

idoblu

TalkEmount Regular
nope no more harder than before. infact with this on, it makes it even easier cause you got a few more latches to hold on to

macjim

TalkEmount Regular
Sounds good...

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim Nichols

New to TalkEmount
I always recommend ZAGG InvisibleShields, I use them on everything. Their customer support and warranty replacement is great too! No I don't work for them or get money from them, just a satisfied customer for many years. They are tricky to apply, they have kiosks in some malls that will apply them for you as well as Best Buy.

olli

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
olli
I use a ZAGG on my LX3 and it works very well. For the NEX I went with the Sony rigid protector which also works fine.

Tymoe

TalkEmount Regular
which solution improves the vulnerability to those ugly fingerprints on the NEX-Displays? On sunny days I really have problems getting a clear view on my NEX after a while... are my fingers too dirty? :D

PeterS

New to TalkEmount
I guess the GGS won't allow to use the touch screen on NEX-5n. Does it make sense to use it and disable touch screen?

BruPri

TalkEmount Regular
It would interfere with touchscreen capability. The biggest advantage mine gives the C3, it gives you something for your thumb to catch and it's much easier to flip up the screen

PeterS

New to TalkEmount
I understand that it will interfere with touchscreen capability. But I believe I can turn the touchscreen capability off. So my question is: does touchscreen have any real advantage to use it or it is just another gimmick? To me, the hard screen protector looks more reliable than thin film and I just trying to figure out if sacrificing the touchscreen capability for that purpose make any sense.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
I dont think it will sit properly and will probably unclip when the screen is closed as the small clip catchments are different in the NEX-7 compared to the 5N (or the 5, C3, or 3 for that matter) the clip attachments for the lcd of the 5N is located at the top and bottom of the screen where as the 7's are located at the sides and bottom of the lcd. Probably why they dont have an illustration of the 7 with the protector attached.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
I dont think it will sit properly and will probably unclip when the screen is closed as the small clip catchments are different in the NEX-7 compared to the 5N (or the 5, C3, or 3 for that matter) the clip attachments for the lcd of the 5N is located at the top and bottom of the screen where as the 7's are located at the sides and bottom of the lcd. Probably why they dont have an illustration of the 7 with the protector attached.
Thanks Pheonix,
I'm sure you're right, so looks like I'll have to buy the flexible film type of protector instead.
Cheers,
Paul

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul

Thanks Phoenix,
I'm sure you're right, so looks like I'll have to buy the flexible film type of protector instead.
Cheers,
Paul

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Hahaha!! :p I'm on the look out for a hard protector for the NEX-7's lcd screen, I'll let you guys know if I come across it in my travels

Latest threads

Top Bottom