Clip-On Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by idoblu, Aug 17, 2011.

1. idoblu

idoblu TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    the best accessory so far that I got is this 3rd generation GGS clip-on screen protector
    I got it from this eBay Seller for about $12 and really worth the money. I have never seen a screen protector this clear. its like its not even there. The frame comes in two colors - silver and black

omTmD.
    TXMn9.

2. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Does it interfere with the opening and closing of the screen? The screen on the NEX-c3 is slightly hard to open going by the reports.

---
    - Cheers, Macjim.

3. idoblu

idoblu TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    nope no more harder than before. infact with this on, it makes it even easier cause you got a few more latches to hold on to

4. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Sounds good...

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Looks pretty nice, although I use a pop-up screen hood which also acts as a protector when closed.

6. Alexandru Constantin

Alexandru Constantin New to TalkEmount

Aug 21, 2011
    ROMANIA
    I don't like because it adds width to the camera...maybe a thin LCD protective film will do the job.

7. Jim Nichols

Jim Nichols New to TalkEmount

Aug 22, 2011
    I always recommend ZAGG InvisibleShields, I use them on everything. Their customer support and warranty replacement is great too! No I don't work for them or get money from them, just a satisfied customer for many years. They are tricky to apply, they have kiosks in some malls that will apply them for you as well as Best Buy.

8. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    I use a ZAGG on my LX3 and it works very well. For the NEX I went with the Sony rigid protector which also works fine.

9. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    which solution improves the vulnerability to those ugly fingerprints on the NEX-Displays? On sunny days I really have problems getting a clear view on my NEX after a while... are my fingers too dirty? :D

10. PeterS

PeterS New to TalkEmount

Sep 2, 2011
    I guess the GGS won't allow to use the touch screen on NEX-5n. Does it make sense to use it and disable touch screen?

11. BruPri

BruPri TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2011
    It would interfere with touchscreen capability. The biggest advantage mine gives the C3, it gives you something for your thumb to catch and it's much easier to flip up the screen

12. PeterS

PeterS New to TalkEmount

Sep 2, 2011
    I understand that it will interfere with touchscreen capability. But I believe I can turn the touchscreen capability off. So my question is: does touchscreen have any real advantage to use it or it is just another gimmick? To me, the hard screen protector looks more reliable than thin film and I just trying to figure out if sacrificing the touchscreen capability for that purpose make any sense.

13. ooopie

ooopie New to TalkEmount

Aug 24, 2011
  14. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
  15. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I dont think it will sit properly and will probably unclip when the screen is closed as the small clip catchments are different in the NEX-7 compared to the 5N (or the 5, C3, or 3 for that matter) the clip attachments for the lcd of the 5N is located at the top and bottom of the screen where as the 7's are located at the sides and bottom of the lcd. Probably why they dont have an illustration of the 7 with the protector attached.

16. Bolampau

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Thanks Pheonix,
    I'm sure you're right, so looks like I'll have to buy the flexible film type of protector instead.
    Cheers,
    Paul

17. Bolampau

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Thanks Phoenix,
    I'm sure you're right, so looks like I'll have to buy the flexible film type of protector instead.
    Cheers,
    Paul

18. Bolampau

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hah, in trying to correct my typing error it looks like I've duplicated the message!

19. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hahaha!! :p I'm on the look out for a hard protector for the NEX-7's lcd screen, I'll let you guys know if I come across it in my travels

20. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    good options here, but I honestly, I use a shield of my iphone, it's leftover and really works very well ;)