1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cleaning the iris diaphragm on FD100f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pellicle, Jan 7, 2019.

1. pellicle

pellicle TalkEmount Regular

I decided to put this on my blog because it may be of use for some people. The blog also links to some other more detailed sites of high worth.

in my view ...: fixing a stuck aperture - win or bin

In short I went in through the front and was able to clean my aperture iris blades of oil without disassembling the back (as gnashsings did) but re-alignment of the helicoid and matching the aperture control levers was tedious. I could not have done it without an FD adapter which allowed me to "open and close" the diarphram.

If you're facing the decision as to bin or (attempt a) win then I suggest you read that post and associated links.

Just be aware also that you should work with the lens facing up, for after you've removed the front filter thread mount and hood bayonet

faciaRemoved.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the lens will just fall out into your hand, so have a tissue ready over the front so that it doesn't fall into your dirty hand.

frontElemetFallsOut.jpg

Lens is now doing just fine and stopping down perfectly again.
    DSC04907_20190108_111647.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 1:10 AM
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. GoldMark

GoldMark New to TalkEmount

Saturday
    Neckartailfingen, Germany
    Bernhard Schmickt
    Thx for sharing this information. :2thumbs:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.