1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Choose Your Own Max Image Viewing Size in the TalkEmount Forums

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, May 4, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    You can now choose your own maximum image viewing dimensions by selecting the corresponding forum style from the drop-down menu in the far bottom left corner of any forum page.

If you choose one of the default/standards styles, then any image posted at greater than 1024px size will automatically be resized to 1024px for your viewing. This has been the case for some time now. However, now there are two other options. The options marked "for H-Res displays" will only resize images for viewing if they are larger than 2048px, whereas those designated "for smaller displays" will display images only to a maximum dimension of 512px.

The idea is for everyone to be able to view images as high-res as possible without having to do horizontal scrolling to read forum posts. I'm planning to embed my Flickr photos at the 1600px size going forward.

Hope you enjoy this change!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    This is great!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    I'm trying to work out a way for it to be hi res when I have my big monitor plugged in, and normal when just on my MacBook Air... Reckon some AppleScript must be able to do it - help welcomed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Probably easier to use two different browsers - eg, keep Safari logged in with the default res and Chrome logged in with the high-res. Then when you plug into the big monitor, use Chrome.

5. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Presumably it's cookie based, not user preference then? I did think this, but dismissed it without trying figuring my choice would be propagated as I would be logged in with the same user. Will give it a go tomorrow when I'm on my Mac.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it's cookie based. I use a different setting at home than at work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I applied some lessons I learned while working on the mobile style to the main forum styles. They now resize images on the fly according to the window size you use, so it's no longer necessary to choose a max image size, only whether you want default, gray, or dark.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Awesome!