Cheapo ebay cases? Anyone try them?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jen Watson, May 29, 2013.

1. Jen Watson

Jen Watson New to TalkEmount

Apr 30, 2013
    I was interested in getting a case that actually fits around the camera, and noticed a bunch of cheap-looking cases like this: Chocolate Retro Vintage Leather Camera Case Bag for Sony NEX 3N NEX3N 16 50mm | eBay. visually cheap and ugly, but as long as it gets the job done lol. Has anyone tried these? What do you think?

I bought an MILC for upcoming travels this summer (which aren't photography-related, I just wanted a nice little compact camera just in case). I probably won't be carrying a separate camera bag--rather, I'd stick the camera + a few adapted lenses in my day bag. I just want a little something to protect the camera from scratching or getting banged up in my bag.
  2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    Yep, they work fine for what you want.
  3. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    I got the cheapo flip-down body case for my NEX-7 and am very content with it. It won't last a lifetime (like the real leather case for my old Nikon F3) but I expect it will be useful for about the same duration as a mid-range digital camera body.
  4. clydestuh

clydestuh TalkEmount Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    This is exactly the first case I bought for my 7. Used it for a week and didn't like it due to:

1) I had to keep taking the body cover off to get to my SD card to unload images to my PC and charge my battery.

If I was you I'd save up a little more to buy the Gariz body cases with the easy access port for the battery compartment. Plus Gariz leather cases look much better. I however just bought vinyl (auto vinyl) wrap and covered my 7 head to toe :)

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    ^^that carbon wrap looks really good :)