Cheaper alternatives to Gariz half case?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by alaios, Feb 16, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi, I have seend on ebay that Gariz is a kind of expensive for me.. They cost around 80 euros for the nex-f3...

I have found though some alternatives and I want to ask if someone used those.

B139 Dark Brown PU Leather Case Cover Pouch Bag for Sony NEX-F3 NEXF3 18-55 mm | eBay

Soft Case Bag Cover For Sony NEX-5N NEX-C3 NEX-5R NEX-6 NEX-7 NEX-F3 18-55mm | eBay

Half Body Camera Case Compact Black Cases Pouch For SONY Alpha NEX-F3 Mirrorles | eBay

HorusBennu Half Case Nex-F3 Exclusive for Sony Nex-F3 Choose color! | eBay

To me they do not look that ugly... do you have any hint how different to gariz are?

Regards
    Alex

2. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
  3. Nick

Nick TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    Dorset, England
    Nick
    Hi,

I have just bought this:-
    Black Ever Ready Camera Case Bag + strap for Sony NEX-5R NEX 5R 18-55mm 16-50mm | eBay

The service was great, the price even better!

It fits my Nex 5R very well - the lens is the normal 18/55 and I store the lenshood on the lens (reversed)
    interestingly the camera and its new case will still just fit into my old Jessops Centon bag so it's a good
    result.

The Gariz half case looks very nice but at that price so it should! I wonder how much you pay for the box?

Nick

4. Robert

Robert New to TalkEmount

Feb 16, 2013
    I have the same one as Nick but in brown, I just use the half-case part.

It was so cheap that I just cut a hole for the USB/HDMI compartment, would get very annoying to keep unscrewing the case to access the USB port. A brand called Zelenpol allows access like the Gariz, similar price though:

Zelenpol F Sony NEX F3 Leather Half Case Hand Strap Chocolate for Sony NEXF3 | eBay

I nearly got this one:

Handmade Black Genuine real Leather Half Camera Case bag cover for Sony NEX F3 | eBay

It's slightly too nice to be hacking at it with scissors though.