Cheap adapters have reflections issues compared to a Novoflex?!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by shaolin95, Sep 5, 2015.

1. GabrielPhoto

GabrielPhoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Hello!

So I have been using Rainbow Imaging and similar adapters for a while but just saw this comparison and now I am wondering if anyone has experience the same issue with reflections.
    At least on this review, the comparison shows a clear difference in avoiding reflections:

http://phillipreeve.net/blog/novoflex-lens-adapter-nexcan-review/

What do you think?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I once had a serious flare problem with a cheap MFT->Nikon F adapter on my Panasonic G1 and replaced it with a used Novoflex, problem gone. But that was the only time I had that problem, since then I had numerous cheap adapters for my Panasonic G1 and GH2 and Sony NEX-6 and A7 and never noticed excessive flare. I never tested specifically for it though. That said I'm slowly building up a stash of Novoflex adapters by getting used ones because I like the consistent quality of them. I have to say that the Novoflex Minolta MD adapters can have significant light leaks, you'll have to throw a piece of black cloth over the adapter if you do use high-attenuation gray filters or bellows lenses with very small apertures for close-ups.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I mostly use cheap Fotasy adapters and haven't noticed a problem. They don't feel very high quality, but I haven't been able to bring myself to pay hundreds of dollars for an adapter with no glass or electronics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GabrielPhoto

GabrielPhoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I'm going to try the gaffer tape mod with one my cheap ones and compare to my other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.