1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Chase (alone in the dark, number 8)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Poki, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Time for another image in my "alone in the dark"-series. Tonight was a great night. I saw the most beautiful shooting star I could ever imagine. I mean I've seen a couple in the past years, but this one ... it actually looked like a giant fireball heading down to earth. It was so big, I was even scared for a moment, before it disappeared. Probably it seemed that impressive because it was pretty close to me, but anyway, it was a stunning experience.

Feeling inspired by this event, I came up with this image. I usually don't like milky way shots because often, they're just too cliché. But seeing those two beautiful, incredibly bright stars there led me to create something different, despite the milky way being in place.

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/48126456@N05/15262682455" title="Chase by Hannes Brecher, on Flickr"> 15262682455_dbd3f06d10_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Chase"></a>

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice.

The thing is that almost anything we shoot has some sort of version out there and can be considered "cliche. "

The trick is to find something that apeals to you and try and add your own flare.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    love it

• Like Like x 1
  4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Great! What were your setting?

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    25 seconds @ 12mm, f/2.8 and ISO 1600. So pretty standard stuff for starscapes.

• Like Like x 1