1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Champagne Waterfall

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by chalkdust, Dec 2, 2015.

1. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    The champagne waterfall is a standard event in some cruise lines. They stack up a few hundred stemware glasses then pour champagne in the top. On my recent cruise I spent very enjoyable time getting used to my new Sony gear. On this one I used the Sony 55mm f1.8 Sonnar and my A7ii. The first image shows the whole champagne waterfall and the second is a much closer crop of the top of the first image. I think being able to see the bubbles in the champagne illustrates character of the lens. This was autofocus, little thought, just grab the shot at the moment. This lens is amazing.
    Caribbean-2015-576 1.
    Caribbean-2015-576.

• Like Like x 3
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Too bad his arm is covering his face

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    davet01, I was so interested in the champagne during that I did not even notice the missing face. So I moved the crop over to the right to get the complete upper width of the glasses and cut off the man at the arms so only forearms and hands are showing. Just two hands pouring champagne into the image. I think I like it better, but am still considering. Do you folks think this works OK? Caribbean-2015-576 2.

4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I like the first one best. His face isn't the subject of the photo, the champagne glasses are. I'd probably rotate the photo to make the glasses more vertical, though. Right now it looks slanted to the left.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1