• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

celebration

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Since nobody else has burst the bubble yet I guess I'll start. Post 'em up if ya got 'em!

5N w/Vivitar 24/2.8, all heavily cropped. Wider views on my blog.

fireworks120704_19.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    3s    ISO 100

fireworks120704_20.jpg
NEX-5N    ----       f/1.0    2s    ISO 100

fireworks120704_21.jpg

fireworks120704_22.jpg

fireworks120704_23.jpg

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
wow you did a great job, I did not have the same chance, the show was canceled but I shoot a little bit . Congratulations I love your photos

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. These turned out much better than my last effort several years ago. Wind makes a huge difference and there was none last night.

Shuuter speed was very variable- I had the camera on bulb and just winged it. Mostly between 1 and 6 seconds, though even the long ones were only 1-1.5 of exposure to the fireworks, the rest was taken up in following the trail as it ascended. The NEX series really needs a wired remote.

I wish I had taken my Tamron 28-75 with me. I could have used the zoom. Though the Vivitar acquitted itself quite well I think. These are all between 1500 & 1800 pixel crops before resizing, shot in RAW.

I didn't use the kit lens because I didn't want to futz with trying to focus manually it in the dark. Silly, but there ya go. :)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I have a couple of the infrared remotes, but you can't do a bulb shot with mine. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Well, well, well, it appears that my infrared remote does do bulb mode. Press once to open the shutter, press again to close. Cool! I already have 2 of them and they only have 2 buttons. Pretty much idiot proof. That's a good thing. :)

nexboy6

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Bruce
great pics Bimjo - and thanks to freddytto for the info on the remote, I can order one today and should have it before the end of the week.
Nexboy6

Latest threads

Top Bottom