Cars ......

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Went once again to a fund raising local car event. This private collection is stunning but I failed to photograph much as the cars are housed in a variety of sheds and very closely packed together. I took the A7RIII and 40mm Batis and also the Leica M10 and 50mm Summilux ASPH. It was a windy and wet day but I managed to get most of my pics from the privately owned public cars in the car park which in itself is quite a display! Of the private collection, the grey gull wing Mercedes was still there, one of the only cars where he requests that no one gets inside it! They Spyker is new to this collection but as you can see, I didn't really do it justice.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina

Sorry, slow internet as I'm using a personal hotspot today as our internet is down! A mixture of Leica and Sony A7RIII

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Thanks for sharing these with us. As luck would have it I don't think I'm going to get to go to Monterey this week so this will have to do for my car fix.
I'm not sure I could handle that Spyker dashboard. Too much bling staring in your face for me.

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
When it comes to car shows, I almost always end up going toward a wider angle lens. There is just never enough space to back up enough (or people in the way), so the wider FOV is needed in order to get a meaningful bit of the car in the image.

Great set, good job.

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
When it comes to car shows, I almost always end up going toward a wider angle lens. There is just never enough space to back up enough (or people in the way), so the wider FOV is needed in order to get a meaningful bit of the car in the image.

Great set, good job.
I considered taking my 25 2.8 Biogon but decided it wasn't fast enough for the job. In hindsight I think it would have been just the job :dash2:

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
Hindsight is 20-20 as they say (around here at least). And as you have shown, a good photographer can make great photographs regardless of gear. :thumbup:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I like shooting with my Nikkor 24 2.8.
I don't think you would have to worry about 2.8 not being fast enough with the camera's you're using. Just crank the ISO a tad.
I know I'm looking forward to using my 2.8's with my A7iii since it is so good at higher ISO's than the A7ii.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom