Showcase CarlZeiss 135mm Triotar

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
The lens that I have has an Exaxta mount but, the Exata to Sony E Mount adapter cost less than ten dollars. The Triotar is a very old lens that is quite long and narrow but exceptionally light weight. It sits quite nicely on my Sony A6500 and therefore ha an effective focal length of 202.5 mm...
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This lens is certainly a "keeper"! I have so little money invested in it that if I only use it occasionally, I don't feel guilty about the investment!

I like to shoot stills using a pair of camera bodies in tandem. I have an A6500 and my new A6400 is due to arrive today. Usually, I use the tandem set up so that I can have two different focal lengths at my finger tips. However, when shooting portraits of models, I plan to occasionally use the two cameras a bit differently by having a native e-mount lens on one camera body and a vintage lens on the other.

As an example, I could have the Triotar on one camera body and my FE 85mm f/1.8 on the other. That way, I could ensure that I get gnat's eye sharp photos from the native lenses along with the artistic rendering of the vintage lenses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom