1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Carl Zeiss C/Y Vario-Sonnar T* 80-200mm f/4 | Location: USA | Ships: US/Canada

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by MAubrey, Nov 13, 2014.

1. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

0   0   0

Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling
    Carl Zeiss C/Y Vario-Sonnar T* 80-200mm f/4

Prices
    $150

Ships to
    US/Canada

Description
    Selling lenses that I'm not using season (or, there's something else I really want...).

I've enjoyed this lens over the past year that I've owned it. It's wonderfully sharp, light weight, & compact. I just don't grab for it often enough to use it. I'm more likely to reach for my Canon FD 135mm f/2.

$150 + $10 shipping (UPS unless something else is requested)

Payment by Paypal with 3% included in the price (i.e. $4.50).

The full frame image thread for the lens is here: https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=6063&p=54696#post54696

And I have a flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50635732@N02/sets/72157642428752033/

The lens itself is in good condition. Cosmetically, it looks really excellent. There's some paint loss on the front edge of the barrel. The focusing/zooming ring is silky smooth and well damped: neither too stiff nor too loose--the Goldilocks ideal The aperture ring has nice solid clicks. The front cap is 3rd party. And since this is my only C/Y lens, I can include either an E-mount adapter or a μ43 adapter or both. Or neither. Whatever you want. The glass is clear. There's a tiny pin-size mark on what I'm guessing is the second element in from the front. It does not affect the image quality. And of course there's also some dust as all lenses of this age have. Since this is a Zeiss lens, it also means that you can read detailed specs from Zeiss's website and the MTF charts for the lens are not theoretical ones, but actual real world MFT charts from actual copies of the lens. You can read those here:

http://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Ph...r/contax_yashica/vario-sonnar4_80-200mm_e.pdf

Beyond that, as I said, the lens is sharp. The bokeh is very nice for such a zoom:

15383626305_490ac90752_b.
    Fall's beginning by MikeAubrey, on Flickr

If the new Sony G 70-200mm f/4 FE lens is too rich for your blood or you're looking for something lighter and more compact, this Zeiss would be a great choice.

Photos of the lens itself are attached below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    • Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)
    Shipping method
    UPS Ground

Shipping charge
    $10

Handling time
    2-3 days

References
    Ebay: mgaubrey318

Additional comments
    • Not open to offers below asking price (Price is firm)
    Acknowledgement
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. MAubrey

0   0   0

Price drop to $180.

3. MAubrey

0   0   0

Dropped to $150