1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Carina Nebular

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by axle01, May 12, 2018.

1. axle01

axle01 TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 11, 2017
    Carina Nebular 3 min exposure no processing straight out of camera, Astro modded Sony A7s on a 130mm x 925mm refractor

20p6b6b.
    ILCE-7S    ---    0mm    f/1.0    181s    ISO 640

Al

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wow Wow x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Is the “Astro modded’ referring to something that prevented star-trailing in a long 3 minute exposure like that?

3. axle01

axle01 TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 11, 2017
    No mate the scope sits on a tracking mount that followers the stars allowing for a longer exposure.
    The camera is modified to get better Astro photos.

Al

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  4. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. axle01

axle01 TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 11, 2017
    Thanks Mus appriceate that.

Al

6. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Which is what I would have thought normally, but seeing reference to "astro modded" instead of that, I didn't know if that was some sort of new high tech feature that somehow produced the same result...good image

7. axle01

axle01 TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 11, 2017
    I had the camera modified by Hutech they removed filters and added a drop in HA filter and as you can see it produces amazing images.

Al

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.