capturing video files and loading to computer

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Bugleone, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    I've been using an original NEX 3 for nearly two years,..very successfuly in still images and making large prints for exhibitions and show stands etc.

There was minimal software supplied on the disc that came in the box with the camera (bought new) This week I have been tryong to shoot some video clips but so far unsuccessful since I'm working 'blind'.....no idea what I'm doing wrong but no video gets to the computer apparently, since I can't find the files or where they have gone!....clips look great on the cameras screen, it's just that they don't reach the computer and I don't know how or where to download.

What am I doing wrong?.....what software should they be going to/in?......what (inexpensive) software do you use?.....what camera setting doe you use?..ie 'fine', 'Std' or 'VGA'...?

2. bmg123

bmg123 TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    England, UK
    The videos are located in (Private/AVCHD/BDMV/Stream)
    You'll probably need to convert the videos because a lot of programs won't recognise AVCHD; I'm on a mac so I use something called ClipWrap, but just look for a free video converter, there are lots around.

As for camera settings, use Fine all the time, you want the best video quality (VGA is about 640x480 resolution I think)