Capture One - No No

bobbill

TalkEmount Regular
Every once in a while, too often maybe, I do something I regret.

Trying to buy Capture One for Sony was one of those times.

Outfit used to merchandise this software is an unmitigated disaster.

Enter information...repeatedly. Bought, foolishly, no download and no way to contact with reference number. Problem is they employ "circular" BS with no way to respond and still have to repeat same information, and get same "email sent..."

I have no program, no way to contact and will have to contact CC firm to reverse charge or take them to Federal Court (Interstate).

Be advised that the firm used to process (Fast Spring) is a consumer disaster. Think of a different program to use, no matter what.

Plaatje

TalkEmount Rookie
I suppose you did check but just to be sure did you check the spam box of your email.
I did try the free version but wasn’t thrilled about it but I’m sure there will be many to disagree with me.

Biro

TalkEmount Regular
Not to Challenge the OP in any way... but has anyone else experienced similar issues when trying to purchase Capture One? I'd certainly like to know because I'm thinking about buying it myself. If it's a consistent issue, then I'll have to find something else - and it won't be from Adobe.

Brian Barth

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Brian Barth
Over the years I bought updates from them - from version 8 to 12 - without any problems.
What I experienced with other shops is that ad blockers and other browser plug-ins sometimes can interfere with the order process, so best to add an exception rule for their shop and payment service providers...

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Bob
Fast Spring? Never heard of them - is this a 3rd-party vendor you are buying from rather than Phase One directly? I have never had problems buying/upgrading directly through the Phase One web site. (Even better, right now it is half-price.) You don't even need to buy the product to download it. It is actually the same download for all versions, they just operate differently according to whatever licensing you have (free/Sony/everything).

Download it: Capture One
Buy a license - I use Capture One Pro for Sony: Buy Capture One | Capture One Online Store

You'll get an activation email (or you can look it up on the site) with a license key. Enter that and you are good to go.

Personally I love Capture One and dislike Lightroom. I have tried some of the others as well, and while they were fine in the end I stuck with Capture One. Most have 30-day or more trial modes and free downloads, so give each one a week or whatever and see what you find easiest to use and gives you results you like. In the end it is all about the finished photo.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Not able to understand your problems with acquiring Capture One or seeking customer service. Is Fast Spring the credit card processing company?

Like Bob, I am a Capture One proponent since version 9 and never ran into issues upgrading (current ver.11, can't budget justify ver. 12 yet.) directly from their website.
I really like the results I'm getting from it and rank it the best of all the apps I've tried as a Lightroom alternative.
Sorry that you're having a frustrating experience.

msullivan

TalkEmount Regular
Fast Spring processes the payments for software from Capture One. It has been doing this for quite a few years. Check your CC or paypal receipts. You will be able to get it worked out. Are you sure you gave the the correct email address. Have you actually been charged?

Jordan Stadler

New to TalkEmount
I only recently moved to Capture One (bought v12 for Sony). Purchased 3 months ago without issue. I'm surprised you had such a problem, I've been enjoying it since and recommending it. Hopefully they were just having a bad day.

I hope you got it sorted out OP.

bobbill

TalkEmount Regular
I have rarely had problems and most of the time let things go, BUT, I have strong aversions to being "sidetracked" so have asked the card firm to debit the outfit serving Capt 1. Seems customer service should be important...and looking now at alternatives. Frankly, I have lost respect for C-1 to the point of no-return. But, c'est la vie. Doubt the firm cares and should not miss their $179. or whatever pound of flesh if credit comes to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom