Capture One finally offers tethered shooting w/LIVE VIEW for Sony APS-C

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by rdfisch, Apr 29, 2016.

1. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    The latest version of Capture One Pro supports tethered shooting with LIVE VIEW for the a6300! It's got some omissions and bugs, but it partly works (some details below).

My first digital camera, a Canon Elph with a whopping 2.1 MP, came with software in the box to allow this and I have missed it ever since I got past that camera. I find it incredibly useful in many situations and just plain fun.

Unfortunately, P1 still has a bit of work to do ... info on native lenses is not showing up, several settings cannot be changed from the program and the on-screen shutter button doesn't always work (so far I think this is only a problem in A mode but I haven't spent much time with it yet). On the bright side, I can change aperture, shutter speed, ISO, WB and some other settings while seeing the results live on a decent size screen.

You will need at least the Sony PRO version of the software for live view but the capability is in the trial version. Note that live view is NOT supported for older Sony APS-C cameras.

I'm thrilled with this new capability and hope that P1 will be fixing/expanding it soon. I am a Lightroom user and this may push me over the edge to switch to Capture One. But at the same time, I would prefer to see a Lightroom add-on to provide this capability (as is available for some Sony FF models).
  2. Dgrover

Dgrover New to TalkEmount

Jan 6, 2015
    Hi RD,

I am glad you are enjoying to tether your A6300!

Please be aware that some of the limitations are based on the camera and not Capture One. We can only access what Sony allows / makes available.

What do you mean by info on native lenses not showing up?